- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Let’s Celebrate ’88 – All Over Again
- This Proves That Hele’s the Real Deal
- The “Sage of the Wilderness” was born in the Kitchen
- Dreams are Ten a Penny for Thomas McKenney
- Have You Met ‘The Met’ Yet?
- The Foreman of British Illustration
- Callooh! Callay! for Calouste is Okay
- Re: Deeming – Not Redeeming!
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game
Category Archives: Urban Art
The Fitzroy Gardens “Model Tudor Village” in Melbourne was modelled in cement by English artist Edgar Wilson, a 77 year old pensioner who lived in Hamilton Road, Norwood, London, England and carried out the task as his hobby. Over a … Continue reading
Australian painter, sculptor and teacher John Stuart Dowie was born on 15 January 1915, in the Adelaide suburb of Prospect. He was one of South Australia’s most respected sculptors and his works appear all over Adelaide. One of these include: “Girl on … Continue reading
MYMO aka Mimo Mali, is a multi-disciplinary artist who is a painter, illustrator, muralist, installation and animation artist from Berlin who has shown her work throughout the world in various galleries and museums. She has delivered lectures at a range … Continue reading
“Ethos” is a slender-winged bronze figured sculpture which stands in the Australian capital city of Canberra’s Civic Centre. Sculptured by Tom Bass, “Ethos” symbolizes the Capital’s ‘Spirit of the Community’ and is said to be an expression of the nation’s … Continue reading