- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Let’s Celebrate ’88 – All Over Again
- This Proves That Hele’s the Real Deal
- The “Sage of the Wilderness” was born in the Kitchen
- Dreams are Ten a Penny for Thomas McKenney
- Have You Met ‘The Met’ Yet?
- The Foreman of British Illustration
- Callooh! Callay! for Calouste is Okay
- Re: Deeming – Not Redeeming!
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game
Tag Archives: #Expressionism
Above: Emil Nolde – Puppan und Papagai (Dolls & Parrot) c. 1919 oil on canvas 46.5×59.5cm Bayerische Staatsgemaldesammiungen, Munich Straatsgalier Moderne Kunst German-Danish painter and print-maker Emil Nolde was born Emil Hansen on 7 August 1867 near the village of … Continue reading
“Four Bathers” (1909) Von der Heydt Museum, Wappertal. Ernest Ludwig Kirchner was born on 6 May, 1880 in Aschaffenburg, Bavaria. His parents were of Prussian descent and his mother was a descendant of the Huguenots, a fact to which Kirchner … Continue reading
French Expressionist painter, print-maker and sculptor Pierre Ambrogiani was born on January 16, 1907 in Ajaccio located on the west coast of the island of Corsica, 210 nautical miles (390 km) southeast of Marseille, France. Ambrogiani is known for his bright colors … Continue reading