- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
- Hop To It | The Tale of Aurora and Tithonus
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bluebirds Fly…
- What Are We Hanging Around For?
Tag Archives: #Expressionism
Editors of an Australian mid-century literary and artistic avant-garde magazine ‘Angry Penguins’ were devoted to the cause of Modernism which was based on the movements of Surrealism and Expressionism. From its humble beginnings in Adelaide, South Australia, through to its … Continue reading
Above: Emil Nolde – Puppan und Papagai (Dolls & Parrot) c. 1919 oil on canvas 46.5×59.5cm Bayerische Staatsgemaldesammiungen, Munich Straatsgalier Moderne Kunst German-Danish painter and print-maker Emil Nolde was born Emil Hansen on 7 August 1867 near the village of … Continue reading
“Four Bathers” (1909) Von der Heydt Museum, Wappertal. Ernest Ludwig Kirchner was born on 6 May, 1880 in Aschaffenburg, Bavaria. His parents were of Prussian descent and his mother was a descendant of the Huguenots, a fact to which Kirchner … Continue reading
French Expressionist painter, print-maker and sculptor Pierre Ambrogiani was born on January 16, 1907 in Ajaccio located on the west coast of the island of Corsica, 210 nautical miles (390 km) southeast of Marseille, France. Ambrogiani is known for his bright colors … Continue reading