- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
- Hop To It | The Tale of Aurora and Tithonus
Tag Archives: #Cubism
[Edda by Michael Kmit (1966) oil on hardboard 72 x 48] Ukrainian/Australian artist Michael Kmit was born in Stryi, Lviv on 25 July 1910. He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts, Kraków, but due to the conflict in WW2, … Continue reading
Above: Etude par la Fugue (1911-1912) – oil on canvas 66cm x 66cm Painter and graphic artist František Kupka, (also known as Frank or François Kupka), was born in Opočno, eastern Bohemia (now Czechoslovakia), on 23 September, 1871. He was … Continue reading
Georges Braque was born on 13 May, 1882, in Argenteuil, Val-d’Ois and was raised in Le Havre. Like his father and grandfather, he had been trained to be a house painter and decorator. Unsatisfied with this, (between 1897-1899), Braques switched … Continue reading
The French painter, sculptor and film-maker Fernand Léger was born in Argentan, Normandy, France, 133 years ago on February 4th, 1881. Regarded as the forerunner of the Pop Art movement, Léger had been developing his own form of Cubism, which he … Continue reading