- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Sacre Couer – Sacre Bleu
- Viva Vivat Bohmen
- Bear With Me – You’ll Adore These
- I Will Keep an Open Mind – Is It Art or Science?
- Not Sure About You, But, “I Leica His Art”
- Why Not Take Part in Viewing Some Drive-By Art
- Tennyo “Magokoro” – The Goddess of Sincerity
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- The Lady and the Unicorn
- How To Create Some Very Angry Penguins
Tag Archives: #Cubism
Above: Etude par la Fugue (1911-1912) – oil on canvas 66cm x 66cm Painter and graphic artist František Kupka, (also known as Frank or François Kupka), was born in Opočno, eastern Bohemia (now Czechoslovakia), on 23 September, 1871. He was … Continue reading
Georges Braque was born on 13 May, 1882, in Argenteuil, Val-d’Ois and was raised in Le Havre. Like his father and grandfather, he had been trained to be a house painter and decorator. Unsatisfied with this, (between 1897-1899), Braques switched … Continue reading
The French painter, sculptor and film-maker Fernand Léger was born in Argentan, Normandy, France, 133 years ago on February 4th, 1881. Regarded as the forerunner of the Pop Art movement, Léger had been developing his own form of Cubism, which he … Continue reading