- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game
- Are you thinking that Fafi is fluffy?
- Whoop Oop De Boop
- Down For a Ride With the Girl On a Slide
- Is a Room With a View Better Than a Room With Chairs?
- It’s Ben Hall of a Life for This Bush-Ranger
- Lest We Forget Our Trench Art
- The honour of being William Cresswell – Father of the Australian Navy
- Galatea – For She is the One with the Milk White Skin
Tag Archives: #Canberra
Halloween aka Hallowe’en is celebrated each year on 31 October. According to the ancient Celtic calendar, it was observed as the last day of each year, when all witches and warlocks were absent. After the introduction of Christianity, it was … Continue reading
“Ethos” is a slender-winged bronze figured sculpture which stands in the Australian capital city of Canberra’s Civic Centre. Sculptured by Tom Bass, “Ethos” symbolizes the Capital’s ‘Spirit of the Community’ and is said to be an expression of the nation’s … Continue reading
“You better watch out, You better not cry , Better not pout , I’m telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town“. …and he is not too far away from you. Between himself, his elves and his reindeer, he … Continue reading
… so said Max Dupain… and he continued: “It must incite thought and by its clear statements of actuality, cultivate a sympathetic understanding of men and women and the life they live and create.” Australian modernist photographer, Max or Maxwell … Continue reading