- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
- Hop To It | The Tale of Aurora and Tithonus
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bluebirds Fly…
- What Are We Hanging Around For?
Tag Archives: #Artist
Belgian painter Adrien-Jean Le Mayeur de Merpes was born in Brussels on 9 February 1880. He left Europe in 1932 and travelled to Bali where he remained for the rest of his life. Le Mayeur De Merpes was fascinated with … Continue reading
Aristide Maillol – La Femme a L’ombrelle. c.1895-1900, oil on canvas, 193x149cm. French sculptor, painter and print-maker Aristide Joseph Bonaventure Maillol was born on December 8, 1861 in Banyuls-sur-Mer, Roussillon. He decided at an early age to become a painter … Continue reading
Antoine Blanchard (1910-1988) Grand Boulevard Paris (oil on canvas 38x76cm). Antoine Blanchard is the pseudonym for French artist Marcel Masson who was born on 15 November 1910 in a small village near the banks of the Loire. Blanchard received his initial artistic training at … Continue reading
Fiona Murphy is a Melbourne-based contemporary artist and ceramicist. She graduated with a Dip. Art & Design (1980); Grad. Dip. Fine Art (1985); Grad. Dip. Ed. (1993) and Master of Fine Art (2007) from Monash University, Melbourne. She was the … Continue reading