- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- I Will Keep an Open Mind – Is It Art or Science?
- Not Sure About You, But, “I Leica His Art”
- Why Not Take Part in Viewing Some Drive-By Art
- Tennyo “Magokoro” – The Goddess of Sincerity
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- The Lady and the Unicorn
- How To Create Some Very Angry Penguins
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- This Berrie Fine Glaswegian Lass Must Not Be Extinguished
- Let’s Celebrate ’88 – All Over Again
Tag Archives: National Portrait Gallery – Canberra
Portrait of Nick Cave (1999) by Howard Arkley (1951-1999). Synthetic polymer on canvas, commissioned with funds provided by L. Gordon Darling AC CMG, 1999. Arkley’s portrait of Nick Cave was the first work commissioned by the National Portrait Gallery and … Continue reading
37 year-old composer Larry Sitsky is depicted in this 1971 Portia Geach Prize winning portrait by self-taught artist, Sister Mary Brady. He is a pianist, scholar and a founding member of the Canberra School of Music at the Australian National … Continue reading
This 1982 depiction of Peter Sculthorpe was painted by the Archibald Prize winning-artist for portraiture, Eric John Smith. Born in 1919 and raised in Brunswick, Melbourne; at the age of 17, Smith undertook a commercial art course at the Brunswick … Continue reading