Follow Blog via Email
- I C215 is a French Street Artist
- With Dior’s Bar Suit | She’s Got ‘The Look’
- How to assume an Azuma pose
- Some tales on behalf of the great Longstaff
- I’ve had eNufevaH | Let’s HaveFuN!
- Picasso’s Last Words | Drink to Me, Drink to My Health
- Alan D Baker | Art Was His Life
- What do Two Drinkers and a Hypochondriac Have in Common?
- Get Your Togs Off | Swimsuits Are Optional
- The Presentation, Sir Lancelot and the Wise Virgins
Tag Archives: National Portrait Gallery – Canberra
Portrait of Nick Cave (1999) by Howard Arkley (1951-1999). Synthetic polymer on canvas, commissioned with funds provided by L. Gordon Darling AC CMG, 1999. Arkley’s portrait of Nick Cave was the first work commissioned by the National Portrait Gallery and … Continue reading
37 year-old composer Larry Sitsky is depicted in this 1971 Portia Geach Prize winning portrait by self-taught artist, Sister Mary Brady. He is a pianist, scholar and a founding member of the Canberra School of Music at the Australian National … Continue reading
This 1982 depiction of Peter Sculthorpe was painted by the Archibald Prize winning-artist for portraiture, Eric John Smith. Born in 1919 and raised in Brunswick, Melbourne; at the age of 17, Smith undertook a commercial art course at the Brunswick … Continue reading