- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Vanity vs The Beautiful Lady Without Mercy
- Take Potluck or be Thunderstruck
- Tax on Delivery
- Gerard of the Night (Painter By Day)
- Where the Hammock Swung | When the World Was Young
- Kiss Me Tootsie and Then Do It Over Again
- Feeling a Little Jaded?
- Two Huge Fans of Kempinas’ Art
- Cake Stool or Fake Stool?
- Time Fur Breakfast
Tag Archives: National Portrait Gallery – Canberra
Portrait of Nick Cave (1999) by Howard Arkley (1951-1999). Synthetic polymer on canvas, commissioned with funds provided by L. Gordon Darling AC CMG, 1999. Arkley’s portrait of Nick Cave was the first work commissioned by the National Portrait Gallery and … Continue reading
37 year-old composer Larry Sitsky is depicted in this 1971 Portia Geach Prize winning portrait by self-taught artist, Sister Mary Brady. He is a pianist, scholar and a founding member of the Canberra School of Music at the Australian National … Continue reading
This 1982 depiction of Peter Sculthorpe was painted by the Archibald Prize winning-artist for portraiture, Eric John Smith. Born in 1919 and raised in Brunswick, Melbourne; at the age of 17, Smith undertook a commercial art course at the Brunswick … Continue reading