- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- This bird in hand is no burden had- Long Live the King!
- When Art Imitates Art
- Time to Dapple with the Apple this Weekend
- There is Nothing Superficial About the Art of Eric Fischl
- The pictures below are by Tiepolo
- Far from Ross River Fever
- Your Gateway to Bodé for the Day
- Make Yours a Platytox State Today
- Victory of Faith – is an Evocative Piece
- Painting is the Most Beautiful of Lies
Tag Archives: #Posters
Above is part of a collection of World War One (WW1) recruitment posters, (A gift by Horace H.J. Roberts). Over 200 Parliamentary Recruiting Committee and Parliamentary War Saving Committee posters were published before the introduction for conscription in January 1916. … Continue reading
Isobel Gloag – “The Kiss of the Enchantress“ c. 1890 This painting depicts a young soldier being trapped by a Lamia. Among the Greeks and Romans, a Lamia was a female demon who devoured children and whose name was used … Continue reading
French fashion and advertising painter, “Raymond” aka Pierre-Laurent Brenot was born on 8th July 1913 and often referred to as the “Father of the French pin-up”. In 1928, he entered the Ecole Estienne (School of the Book), which he attended … Continue reading
There’s a huge variety of items that can be covered in paste-up art. This includes posters,wheat-pastes or wheaties, or slap up or slaps. Here’s an example of how quickly you can slap up a piece.