- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- 4EVR Young: Malcolm Young
- It’s a Great Illustration – But No Cigar!
- Knock, Knock, Who’s There?
- The Fate of the Owl My Dear is Ever So Clear to Hear, Due to the Verse and Cheer My Love, From the One and Only Edward Lear
- Agnes Toth: From ‘Man in Cloth’ to Darkest Goth
- Sometimes – Time and Tide Wait For No Man
- There is Nothing Harder at Task for Haida the Mask
- Lotte Lenya and the Ballad of Mack the Knife
- Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair
- Nothing Like Passing Through Air When You Are Feeling a Bit Like ‘Head in the Clouds’
Tag Archives: #AustralianArt
Leroy Leveson Laurent Joseph “Roy” De Maistre was born Leroy Livingstone de Mestre in Bowral, New South Wales, Australia on 27th March 1894 into a home of high social standing. He was educated by tutors and governesses at the family … Continue reading
Grace Cossington Smith Door Into the Garden, 1959. Oil on composition board. – Bendigo Art Gallery. Australian artist and pioneer of modernist painting in Australia, Grace Cossington Smith was born Grace Smith, on 20 April 1892 in Neutral Bay, Sydney. … Continue reading
This 1982 depiction of Peter Sculthorpe was painted by the Archibald Prize winning-artist for portraiture, Eric John Smith. Born in 1919 and raised in Brunswick, Melbourne; at the age of 17, Smith undertook a commercial art course at the Brunswick … Continue reading