- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Sacre Couer – Sacre Bleu
- Viva Vivat Bohmen
- Bear With Me – You’ll Adore These
- I Will Keep an Open Mind – Is It Art or Science?
- Not Sure About You, But, “I Leica His Art”
- Why Not Take Part in Viewing Some Drive-By Art
- Tennyo “Magokoro” – The Goddess of Sincerity
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- The Lady and the Unicorn
- How To Create Some Very Angry Penguins
Tag Archives: fauvism
Above: Kees van Dongen portrait of the artist as Neptune (1922 oil on canvas 170x120cm) Dutch-French Fauvist painter, Cornelis Theodorus Maria ‘Kees’ van Dongen was born in Delfshaven, then on the outskirts, and today a borough, of Rotterdam on 26 … Continue reading
“Ronde Oceanique” 1937, (oil on canvas 114 x 146 cm). Born in Florence, on 1 July 1888, Italian modern painter Alberto Magnelli was a significant figure in the post-war Concrete Art movement. Starting off in 1907, despite having limited formal … Continue reading
Ambrose McCarthy Patterson Breton Woman and Child, 1908 (oil on canvas) Australian born painter and print-maker, Ambrose McCarthy Patterson was born on 29 June 1877, in Daylesford, Victoria. Patterson studied at the Melbourne Art School under Emmanuel Phillips Fox and Tudor … Continue reading