- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Tax on Delivery
- Gerard of the Night (Painter By Day)
- Where the Hammock Swung | When the World Was Young
- Kiss Me Tootsie and Then Do It Over Again
- Feeling a Little Jaded?
- Two Huge Fans of Kempinas’ Art
- Cake Stool or Fake Stool?
- Time Fur Breakfast
- There is Nothing Finer Than the Chimes of the Clinaman
- Katnjupayi Benson | A Tale of Two Sittings
Tag Archives: fauvism
Above: Kees van Dongen portrait of the artist as Neptune (1922 oil on canvas 170x120cm) Dutch-French Fauvist painter, Cornelis Theodorus Maria ‘Kees’ van Dongen was born in Delfshaven, then on the outskirts, and today a borough, of Rotterdam on 26 … Continue reading
“Ronde Oceanique” 1937, (oil on canvas 114 x 146 cm). Born in Florence, on 1 July 1888, Italian modern painter Alberto Magnelli was a significant figure in the post-war Concrete Art movement. Starting off in 1907, despite having limited formal … Continue reading
Ambrose McCarthy Patterson Breton Woman and Child, 1908 (oil on canvas) Australian born painter and print-maker, Ambrose McCarthy Patterson was born on 29 June 1877, in Daylesford, Victoria. Patterson studied at the Melbourne Art School under Emmanuel Phillips Fox and Tudor … Continue reading