- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Sporadic Braddock | Is Hardly Nomadic
- Ring Ring Why Don’t You Give Me a Call?
- One Man’s Junk is Another Man’s Treasure
- Not the Blue Poles You Were Perhaps Thinking Of?
- Don’t Be Put Off By Putos
- A Great Combi-Nation of VW Art
- I’ve Been Itching to Show You These for Some Time
- Luna Park | Just for Fun
- Never Debate the Art of DVATE
- Heesco | Paradiso – How Could He Be So
Tag Archives: fauvism
Above: Kees van Dongen portrait of the artist as Neptune (1922 oil on canvas 170x120cm) Dutch-French Fauvist painter, Cornelis Theodorus Maria ‘Kees’ van Dongen was born in Delfshaven, then on the outskirts, and today a borough, of Rotterdam on 26 … Continue reading
“Ronde Oceanique” 1937, (oil on canvas 114 x 146 cm). Born in Florence, on 1 July 1888, Italian modern painter Alberto Magnelli was a significant figure in the post-war Concrete Art movement. Starting off in 1907, despite having limited formal … Continue reading
Ambrose McCarthy Patterson Breton Woman and Child, 1908 (oil on canvas) Australian born painter and print-maker, Ambrose McCarthy Patterson was born on 29 June 1877, in Daylesford, Victoria. Patterson studied at the Melbourne Art School under Emmanuel Phillips Fox and Tudor … Continue reading