- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Let’s Celebrate ’88 – All Over Again
- This Proves That Hele’s the Real Deal
- The “Sage of the Wilderness” was born in the Kitchen
- Dreams are Ten a Penny for Thomas McKenney
- Have You Met ‘The Met’ Yet?
- The Foreman of British Illustration
- Callooh! Callay! for Calouste is Okay
- Re: Deeming – Not Redeeming!
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game
Tag Archives: #ArtDeco
The fashion plate featured here is one of Jean Patou’s “mantles” as advertised in the “Art Gout Beaute” fashion magazine ca. 1922 Art-Gout-Beaute (aka “Art, Good Taste and Beauty“) ran from the 1920s-1930s. Considered more “vogue than Vogue,” this expensive … Continue reading
Paul Colin was a Junerian. He was born on 27th June 1892 in Nancy, France – and died on 18th June 1985 in Nogent-sur-Marne, 8 days before his 93rd birthday. Colin was a famous French theater set, costume and poster … Continue reading