- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- There’s No Duckin’ These Chickens in this Form of Art
- Time to Share Hampshire’s All In a Garden Fair
- Discoveries & Memories of the Statues of the Tuileries
- 4EVR Young: Malcolm Young
- It’s a Great Illustration – But No Cigar!
- Knock, Knock, Who’s There?
- The Fate of the Owl My Dear is Ever So Clear to Hear, Due to the Verse and Cheer My Love, From the One and Only Edward Lear
- Agnes Toth: From ‘Man in Cloth’ to Darkest Goth
- Sometimes – Time and Tide Wait For No Man
- There is Nothing Harder at Task for Haida the Mask
Tag Archives: #ArtDeco
The fashion plate featured here is one of Jean Patou’s “mantles” as advertised in the “Art Gout Beaute” fashion magazine ca. 1922 Art-Gout-Beaute (aka “Art, Good Taste and Beauty“) ran from the 1920s-1930s. Considered more “vogue than Vogue,” this expensive … Continue reading
Paul Colin was a Junerian. He was born on 27th June 1892 in Nancy, France – and died on 18th June 1985 in Nogent-sur-Marne, 8 days before his 93rd birthday. Colin was a famous French theater set, costume and poster … Continue reading