- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Here’s a Chunk of Drewfunk
- I Allus Has Wan At Eleven
- UNeeda Shida Fix?
- These Are No Fakes | These Are Real Thake’s
- Sporadic Braddock | Is Hardly Nomadic
- Ring Ring Why Don’t You Give Me a Call?
- One Man’s Junk is Another Man’s Treasure
- Not the Blue Poles You Were Perhaps Thinking Of?
- Don’t Be Put Off By Putos
- A Great Combi-Nation of VW Art
Tag Archives: #Ballet
(Above: Ballet costume for a seahorse for Serge Diaghilev’s Ballet Russe production of Sadko, ca. 1916 by Natalia Goncharova. Costume: Silk-cotton satin lamé, paint, wire, wadding: cape, 166cm headdress 83 x60 x 25cm). Russian avant-garde artist, painter, costume designer, writer, … Continue reading
The above portraiture is of Serge Diaghilev (1872-1929) illustrated by Alexandre Benois over a proscenium arch from which the showman from Petruschka draws the curtains to reveal a scene from Le Pavillion d’Armide, with Petruschka hiding in the corner. Russian … Continue reading
The image is from the Balletomane’s Sketchbook by Kay or Katherine Ambrose. It is entitled “Alexander Wallewski – Maciek is dead, is dead!”. Kay Ambrose was born in Surrey 1914 and died in London on 1st December 1971. Kay was an author, illustrator, … Continue reading