- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
- Hop To It | The Tale of Aurora and Tithonus
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bluebirds Fly…
- What Are We Hanging Around For?
Tag Archives: #Christmas
[Above: Nicolas Fimbari – The Procession – Italy] The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) provides emergency food and healthcare to children and women in countries that have been devastated by war or other significant emergencies. UNICEF was created by … Continue reading
This is left over from last Christmas in Melbourne’s Hosier Lane – entitled “I’ll Empty Your Sack.” I chose not to show it last year because I thought it too rude: but I haven’t seen anything Christmas-sy in the street … Continue reading
“Under the Mistletoe” by Edward Frederick Brewtnall (1846-1902). “Now all my days are trances, And all my nightly dreams Are where thy grey eye glances, And where thy footstep gleams – In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams!” -Edgar … Continue reading
Here’s an early nod to Christmas. Snow-domes aka snow-globes, snow-storms or water-globes are spheres enclosed with water where the water serves as the medium through which the “snow” falls. Snow-domes first appeared at the Paris Universal Expo of 1878, and … Continue reading