- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game
- Are you thinking that Fafi is fluffy?
- Whoop Oop De Boop
- Down For a Ride With the Girl On a Slide
- Is a Room With a View Better Than a Room With Chairs?
- It’s Ben Hall of a Life for This Bush-Ranger
- Lest We Forget Our Trench Art
- The honour of being William Cresswell – Father of the Australian Navy
- Galatea – For She is the One with the Milk White Skin
Tag Archives: #Christmas
This is left over from last Christmas in Melbourne’s Hosier Lane – entitled “I’ll Empty Your Sack.” I chose not to show it last year because I thought it too rude: but I haven’t seen anything Christmas-sy in the street … Continue reading
“Under the Mistletoe” by Edward Frederick Brewtnall (1846-1902). “Now all my days are trances, And all my nightly dreams Are where thy grey eye glances, And where thy footstep gleams – In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams!” -Edgar … Continue reading
Here’s an early nod to Christmas. Snow-domes aka snow-globes, snow-storms or water-globes are spheres enclosed with water where the water serves as the medium through which the “snow” falls. Snow-domes first appeared at the Paris Universal Expo of 1878, and … Continue reading