- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
- Hop To It | The Tale of Aurora and Tithonus
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bluebirds Fly…
- What Are We Hanging Around For?
Tag Archives: Architecture
According to the latest news – tonight is the 40th birthday celebration of the Sydney Opera House, an iconic Australian landmark which has been described as one of the 20th Century’s “Wonders of the World“. So, I thought I would … Continue reading
Went down to my local patisserie “Gateaux” to buy a celebratory slice of cake (for a friend’s birthday). The shop was getting ready for Bastille Day celebrations, so I thought it was time to salute La Tour Eiffel. Any visitor … Continue reading
Ieoh Ming Pei (born April 26, 1917), aka I. M. Pei, is a prominent Chinese American architect. He was born in Guangzhou (Canton) and raised in Hong Kong and Shanghai. In 1935, he moved to the US and enrolled in the … Continue reading
Lucerne’s Chapel Bridge (or in German – Kapellbrücke) is a charming covered wooden footbridge which crosses the Reuss River over Lucerne, Switzerland. The bridge was named after St. Peter’s Chapel and its uniqueness and popularity is due to its exquisite, triangular … Continue reading