- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Some Scenics by Phoenix | The Street Artist
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
Tag Archives: #Liverpool
Above: Earliest known view of Liverpool – probable date of this view is late 12th century though there is some doubt as to its authenticity. The drawing depicts the chapel of Our Lady standing on the exact site now occupied by … Continue reading
Burg is a street artist who is well-known around Melbourne and other places. After recent visits to the NSW coastal nirvana of Byron Bay, Burg has had some recent exhibits both there and back in Melbourne. An artist whose passion … Continue reading
English-born landscape and portrait artist, Charles Haigh-Wood, was born 160 years ago, on 9 May 1854 in Bury, Lancashire. As a child he attended Bury Grammar School, before graduating in 1870, at the age of 16, to the Manchester School of Art … Continue reading
‘Liverpool Resurgent’ is the name of this statue by Sir Jacob Epstein, born in New York on 10th November 1880 and died 19th August 1959. This statue used to sit over the entrance of the former Lewis’ department store in … Continue reading
(ooh, aah, ooh,)…Did you want to know that a certain band first played at the Cavern Club in Liverpool on this day, 52 years ago? The Cavern Club, first opened in Matthew Street, Liverpool on Wednesday16th January, 1957. It was … Continue reading