- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Sporadic Braddock | Is Hardly Nomadic
- Ring Ring Why Don’t You Give Me a Call?
- One Man’s Junk is Another Man’s Treasure
- Not the Blue Poles You Were Perhaps Thinking Of?
- Don’t Be Put Off By Putos
- A Great Combi-Nation of VW Art
- I’ve Been Itching to Show You These for Some Time
- Luna Park | Just for Fun
- Never Debate the Art of DVATE
- Heesco | Paradiso – How Could He Be So
Tag Archives: #Modernism
Editors of an Australian mid-century literary and artistic avant-garde magazine ‘Angry Penguins’ were devoted to the cause of Modernism which was based on the movements of Surrealism and Expressionism. From its humble beginnings in Adelaide, South Australia, through to its … Continue reading
The Gothic, high art Nouveau, Expressionist and Cubist church, Basílica y Templo Expiatorio de la Sagrada Familia (aka Basilica and Expiatory Church of the Holy Family), is commonly referred to as “La Sagrada Família”. It is a large Roman Catholic Church in Barcelona designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí. … Continue reading
… so said Max Dupain… and he continued: “It must incite thought and by its clear statements of actuality, cultivate a sympathetic understanding of men and women and the life they live and create.” Australian modernist photographer, Max or Maxwell … Continue reading