- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- A Dash of Ash | Up in a Flash
- To Market, To Market, To Buy a Fat Pig
- Why do these remind me of the ICPOTA man with his newspaper cap?
- Some Scenics by Phoenix | The Street Artist
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
Tag Archives: #Modernism
Editors of an Australian mid-century literary and artistic avant-garde magazine ‘Angry Penguins’ were devoted to the cause of Modernism which was based on the movements of Surrealism and Expressionism. From its humble beginnings in Adelaide, South Australia, through to its … Continue reading
The Gothic, high art Nouveau, Expressionist and Cubist church, Basílica y Templo Expiatorio de la Sagrada Familia (aka Basilica and Expiatory Church of the Holy Family), is commonly referred to as “La Sagrada Família”. It is a large Roman Catholic Church in Barcelona designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí. … Continue reading
… so said Max Dupain… and he continued: “It must incite thought and by its clear statements of actuality, cultivate a sympathetic understanding of men and women and the life they live and create.” Australian modernist photographer, Max or Maxwell … Continue reading