- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Some Scenics by Phoenix | The Street Artist
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
Tag Archives: #Shakespeare
If you think “posting” thoughts is something belonging to the 21st Century form of communication, think again. People have been “posting” their thoughts for hundreds of years. Here’s an example of 19th-20th Century posting. The above image is entitled: “Love’s … Continue reading
Who is Silvia? what is she, That all our swains commend her? Holy, fair, and wise is she; The heaven such grace did lend her, That she might admirèd be. “Who is Silvia?” is an aged rhetorical question which stems … Continue reading
O Mistress Mine (Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool) is influenced by Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night Act II, Scene III, where Duke Orsino’s invocation to music and love begins. “O Mistress Mine where art thou roaming?” as sung by what can be termed … Continue reading
What do a pop artist designer, an English Knight, Shakespeare and an anonymous stencil artist have in common? You may recognize the lips insignia used by the Rolling Stones band for many a year. Its presence has often aided the … Continue reading