- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Take Potluck or be Thunderstruck
- Tax on Delivery
- Gerard of the Night (Painter By Day)
- Where the Hammock Swung | When the World Was Young
- Kiss Me Tootsie and Then Do It Over Again
- Feeling a Little Jaded?
- Two Huge Fans of Kempinas’ Art
- Cake Stool or Fake Stool?
- Time Fur Breakfast
- There is Nothing Finer Than the Chimes of the Clinaman
Tag Archives: #Shakespeare
If you think “posting” thoughts is something belonging to the 21st Century form of communication, think again. People have been “posting” their thoughts for hundreds of years. Here’s an example of 19th-20th Century posting. The above image is entitled: “Love’s … Continue reading
Who is Silvia? what is she, That all our swains commend her? Holy, fair, and wise is she; The heaven such grace did lend her, That she might admirèd be. “Who is Silvia?” is an aged rhetorical question which stems … Continue reading
O Mistress Mine (Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool) is influenced by Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night Act II, Scene III, where Duke Orsino’s invocation to music and love begins. “O Mistress Mine where art thou roaming?” as sung by what can be termed … Continue reading
What do a pop artist designer, an English Knight, Shakespeare and an anonymous stencil artist have in common? You may recognize the lips insignia used by the Rolling Stones band for many a year. Its presence has often aided the … Continue reading