- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- 4EVR Young: Malcolm Young
- It’s a Great Illustration – But No Cigar!
- Knock, Knock, Who’s There?
- The Fate of the Owl My Dear is Ever So Clear to Hear, Due to the Verse and Cheer My Love, From the One and Only Edward Lear
- Agnes Toth: From ‘Man in Cloth’ to Darkest Goth
- Sometimes – Time and Tide Wait For No Man
- There is Nothing Harder at Task for Haida the Mask
- Lotte Lenya and the Ballad of Mack the Knife
- Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair
- Nothing Like Passing Through Air When You Are Feeling a Bit Like ‘Head in the Clouds’
Tag Archives: QuestionableArt
So, here’s the drop on ‘Plop’. ‘Plop Art’ or, as sometimes referred to: ‘Plonk Art’ is a pejorative slang term for public art; which is usually large, abstract, modernist or contemporary (and mostly sculpture) made for Government or Corporate plazas, … Continue reading
Can you spot the difference? One is considered art and the other is not. For example, both involve abandoned supermarket trolleys. If nothing else, both examples could be seen as a form of ‘still life’. However, the first example is … Continue reading
You bet I’m stuck on you! This threesome remind me of a modern-day three wise monkeys – Fridge magnets -Whether you like them or not, they’re everywhere. I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing a fridge magnet census. … Continue reading
I call this advanticious weed. It’s just a weed growing out of a building but it has a certain appeal does it not? As Questionable art I have three categories, ‘The Good’, ‘The Bad’ and ‘The Ugly’ (Ugly it is)