- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- A Dash of Ash | Up in a Flash
- To Market, To Market, To Buy a Fat Pig
- Why do these remind me of the ICPOTA man with his newspaper cap?
- Some Scenics by Phoenix | The Street Artist
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
Tag Archives: QuestionableArt
So, here’s the drop on ‘Plop’. ‘Plop Art’ or, as sometimes referred to: ‘Plonk Art’ is a pejorative slang term for public art; which is usually large, abstract, modernist or contemporary (and mostly sculpture) made for Government or Corporate plazas, … Continue reading
Can you spot the difference? One is considered art and the other is not. For example, both involve abandoned supermarket trolleys. If nothing else, both examples could be seen as a form of ‘still life’. However, the first example is … Continue reading
You bet I’m stuck on you! This threesome remind me of a modern-day three wise monkeys – Fridge magnets -Whether you like them or not, they’re everywhere. I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing a fridge magnet census. … Continue reading
I call this advanticious weed. It’s just a weed growing out of a building but it has a certain appeal does it not? As Questionable art I have three categories, ‘The Good’, ‘The Bad’ and ‘The Ugly’ (Ugly it is) … Continue reading
If a stone gathers no moss, how come bricks can? And if stones can look really ordinary and boring, how come moss-covered bricks can look and smell so cool? You’ll find more questionable art under “The Bad” Questionable art. Website … Continue reading