- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- 4EVR Young: Malcolm Young
- It’s a Great Illustration – But No Cigar!
- Knock, Knock, Who’s There?
- The Fate of the Owl My Dear is Ever So Clear to Hear, Due to the Verse and Cheer My Love, From the One and Only Edward Lear
- Agnes Toth: From ‘Man in Cloth’ to Darkest Goth
- Sometimes – Time and Tide Wait For No Man
- There is Nothing Harder at Task for Haida the Mask
- Lotte Lenya and the Ballad of Mack the Knife
- Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair
- Nothing Like Passing Through Air When You Are Feeling a Bit Like ‘Head in the Clouds’
Tag Archives: #ArtNouveau
This is an image of Alfred Roller’s poster (1902) from the Gustav Mahler Exhibition – Vienna Secession.* Austrian painter, graphic and set designer, Alfred Roller was born on 2nd October 1864, in Brünn, Mähren. Roller attended the Academy of Fine … Continue reading
French-born American sculptor Gaston Lachaise was born on March 19, 1882. From 1898 -1904 he studied sculpture at the École des Beaux-Arts under Gabriel-Jules Thomas. He began his artistic career as a designer of Art Nouveau decorative objects for the … Continue reading