- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game
- Are you thinking that Fafi is fluffy?
- Whoop Oop De Boop
- Down For a Ride With the Girl On a Slide
- Is a Room With a View Better Than a Room With Chairs?
- It’s Ben Hall of a Life for This Bush-Ranger
- Lest We Forget Our Trench Art
- The honour of being William Cresswell – Father of the Australian Navy
- Galatea – For She is the One with the Milk White Skin
Tag Archives: OilPainting
Brisbane born artist, Ann Thomson (1933- ) graduated from the National Art School in Sydney in 1962. She held her first solo exhibition with Watters Gallery in Sydney and has lived in Sydney ever since. Ann has had a lucrative … Continue reading
Scottish artist Robert MacBryde (1913–1966) was a still-life, figure painter and a theatre set designer. Born in Maybole, MacBryde worked in a factory for 5 years after leaving school until he enrolled at the Glasgow School of Art from 1932-1937. … Continue reading
Karlis Mednis is not so well known in the international art arena, but I find his work vibrant and energetic. Karlis was born in Russia in 1910, and studied at the Latvian Riga School of Art, before he emigrated to Australia … Continue reading