- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
- Hop To It | The Tale of Aurora and Tithonus
Category Archives: Edible Art
Hutton’s Hams and Bacon (Pine-Apple Brand) During the 1860s the suburb of Preston in Melbourne’s north saw the introduction of a bacon-curing factory. Following its opening in 1862, came a tannery in 1865. These original establishments would be followed by … Continue reading
Warhol proved you can make Souper-Art – but why Broth-er? Pop art is the art movement that emerged in the mid-1950s in Britain and in the late 1950s in the United States. Pop art presented a challenge to traditions of … Continue reading
Above are some great examples of Apple Case Art and Australiana. Labels began to appear in large numbers on wooden crates around 1920 and were only superseded in the 1960s by cardboard cartons. Although the designs were for the most part basic, and … Continue reading