- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- I Will Keep an Open Mind – Is It Art or Science?
- Not Sure About You, But, “I Leica His Art”
- Why Not Take Part in Viewing Some Drive-By Art
- Tennyo “Magokoro” – The Goddess of Sincerity
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- The Lady and the Unicorn
- How To Create Some Very Angry Penguins
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- This Berrie Fine Glaswegian Lass Must Not Be Extinguished
- Let’s Celebrate ’88 – All Over Again
Tag Archives: Illustrations
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll is celebrating its 150th anniversary of publication. The depictions shown here are from an edition which was illustrated by A.H. Watson, aka Alice Helena Watson who was born … Continue reading
Australian “Fairy Artist“, Peg Maltby was born Agnes “aka Peg” Newberry Orchard on January 17, 1899. She married George Bradley Maltby on September17, 1917 and the pair migrated to Australia from the UK in 1924. Whilst living in the Melbourne … Continue reading
Rupert Bear was a children’s newspaper comic strip character created by English artist, Mary Tourtel. Rupert first appeared in the The Daily Express newspaper on 8th November 1920. His mission was to win sales from the rival newspapers of the time – The Daily … Continue reading