- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
- Hop To It | The Tale of Aurora and Tithonus
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bluebirds Fly…
- What Are We Hanging Around For?
Tag Archives: Illustrations
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll is celebrating its 150th anniversary of publication. The depictions shown here are from an edition which was illustrated by A.H. Watson, aka Alice Helena Watson who was born … Continue reading
Australian “Fairy Artist“, Peg Maltby was born Agnes “aka Peg” Newberry Orchard on January 17, 1899. She married George Bradley Maltby on September17, 1917 and the pair migrated to Australia from the UK in 1924. Whilst living in the Melbourne … Continue reading
Rupert Bear was a children’s newspaper comic strip character created by English artist, Mary Tourtel. Rupert first appeared in the The Daily Express newspaper on 8th November 1920. His mission was to win sales from the rival newspapers of the time – The Daily … Continue reading