- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Tax on Delivery
- Gerard of the Night (Painter By Day)
- Where the Hammock Swung | When the World Was Young
- Kiss Me Tootsie and Then Do It Over Again
- Feeling a Little Jaded?
- Two Huge Fans of Kempinas’ Art
- Cake Stool or Fake Stool?
- Time Fur Breakfast
- There is Nothing Finer Than the Chimes of the Clinaman
- Katnjupayi Benson | A Tale of Two Sittings
Tag Archives: Illustrations
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll is celebrating its 150th anniversary of publication. The depictions shown here are from an edition which was illustrated by A.H. Watson, aka Alice Helena Watson who was born … Continue reading
Australian “Fairy Artist“, Peg Maltby was born Agnes “aka Peg” Newberry Orchard on January 17, 1899. She married George Bradley Maltby on September17, 1917 and the pair migrated to Australia from the UK in 1924. Whilst living in the Melbourne … Continue reading
Rupert Bear was a children’s newspaper comic strip character created by English artist, Mary Tourtel. Rupert first appeared in the The Daily Express newspaper on 8th November 1920. His mission was to win sales from the rival newspapers of the time – The Daily … Continue reading