- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
Category Archives: Horror & Fantasy Stories
“The Suicide of Alice Blanche Oswald” (from The Illustrated Police News, 21 September 1872). During Queen Victoria’s British reign there was an increase in reporting sensational news stories which whet the general public’s appetite for more. Many of these stories … Continue reading
Halloween aka Hallowe’en is celebrated each year on 31 October. According to the ancient Celtic calendar, it was observed as the last day of each year, when all witches and warlocks were absent. After the introduction of Christianity, it was … Continue reading
“Circus of Horrors” was a 1960 cult British horror film directed by Sidney Hayers. The movie was the third of the “Sadian Trilogy“, focusing on sadism, cruelty and violence as opposed to the supernatural horror of the Hammer films from … Continue reading
“Along a dark forsaken road, There stands a stark and grim abode – An old manor house looms black and tall To cast a grave and deathly pall – Beyond the ancient wrought iron gate, A thousand nightmares lie in … Continue reading