- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- To Market, To Market, To Buy a Fat Pig
- Why do these remind me of the ICPOTA man with his newspaper cap?
- Some Scenics by Phoenix | The Street Artist
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
Tag Archives: fairy tales
Gianni Benvenuti (1926-2005) was an Italian-born illustrator of children’s book. Both images are from ‘The Little Elf and Other Stories” (1960) retold by Jane Carruth. The book includes the following Hans Christian Anderson stories: The Nightingale, The Ugly Duckling, The … Continue reading
Artist and illustrator Pauline Diana Baynes was born in Hove, East Sussex, on 9 September, 1922. She grew up in Agra, India, where her father worked as a commissioner for the Indian Civil Service. Her summers were spent at the … Continue reading
The Fisherman and the Goldfish by A. Pushkin is a classic children’s story translated from the Russian by L. Zelikov and illustrated by B. Dekhtertov. It was printed and republished in 1958 by the Union of the Soviet Republic as … Continue reading