- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- To Market, To Market, To Buy a Fat Pig
- Why do these remind me of the ICPOTA man with his newspaper cap?
- Some Scenics by Phoenix | The Street Artist
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
Tag Archives: #CzechArtists
I love the art from the former Czech artists of the 1960s. Their modern concept remains so relevant today and does not look for one minute, dated or out of place. These images here are from a 1967 folk legends … Continue reading
Czech illustrative artist, Jiří Trnka was born 102 years ago on 24 February 1912 in Plzeň. Originally interested in puppet-making, he became a student of Josef Skupa at the School of Applied Arts in Prague (Academy of Architecture, Art and … Continue reading