- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
- Hutton’s Hamming It Up
- Wowed By the Cloud
- Here Comes the Bride
- Walk Softly Witch! You Are Wanted by Carter Brown
Tag Archives: Théophile Alexandre Steinlen
Le Chat Noir (aka “The Black Cat“) was a 19th C cabaret/nightclub situated in a small two-roomed site on 84 Boulevard de Rochechouart in the Bohemian district of Montmartre in Paris. It was founded on 18 November 1881 by Rodolphe … Continue reading
French Art Nouveau painter and printmaker Théophile Alexandre Steinlen, aka Steinlen was born on November 10, 1859, at Lausanne, Switzerland. He studied at the University of Lausanne and after graduation, married and moved to the Parisian Montmartre Quarter. It was here … Continue reading