- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- A Dash of Ash | Up in a Flash
- To Market, To Market, To Buy a Fat Pig
- Why do these remind me of the ICPOTA man with his newspaper cap?
- Some Scenics by Phoenix | The Street Artist
- From Hot Winds to Hayricks, its a Garden Idyll
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- Adam and Eve or Suzanne and André?
- I Don’t Know About You But … I Decline Myself
- Is the Scalpel Mightier Than the Pen?
- Ha-Ha | ‘It’s better than sex’
Tag Archives: #Montmartre
Parisian born French can-can dancer, singer and actress Jane Avril was born Jeanne Beaudon in Belleville, on 9th June 1868. Her mother was a courtesan and her absent father, was an Italian aristocrat. Abused as a child, she ran away … Continue reading
Le Chat Noir (aka “The Black Cat“) was a 19th C cabaret/nightclub situated in a small two-roomed site on 84 Boulevard de Rochechouart in the Bohemian district of Montmartre in Paris. It was founded on 18 November 1881 by Rodolphe … Continue reading
French Art Nouveau painter and printmaker Théophile Alexandre Steinlen, aka Steinlen was born on November 10, 1859, at Lausanne, Switzerland. He studied at the University of Lausanne and after graduation, married and moved to the Parisian Montmartre Quarter. It was here … Continue reading