Greg Warburton (born 1952), trained at Hornsby Technical College and Alexander Mackie College in the 1970s. From 1974 to 1980, he received an Australia Council Grant to study in New York and Toronto. Warburton’s work is represented in regional, municipal and private collections in Australia and overseas.
- During the 1980s and 1990s Warburton had four one-man shows at the Holdsworth Galleries (Woollahra); and the Mark Julian Gallery (Glebe).
- Since 1992, he has worked for organizations assisting people with disabilities.
- In 1996 Warburton won the Bega Valley Art Award and the Walkom-Manning Art Prize.
- Since 2001, he has been an Archibald finalist four times.
- Warburton has won the Blake Viewer’s Choice, and the Hunters Hill Portrait Prize twice.
OK so I do not own a Da Vinci t-shirt, but I can still relate to this; as I have a similar crumpled white t-shirt on the floor, that didn’t quite make it to the laundry basket, washing machine or ironing board; but when worn, looks exactly like this.
Time to Cotton-on.
“Is It Art?”