- Image on left is: “Music to the eye” photographed and donated by Yean L. Lim AM ARPS FRACP
- Image on right: “In loving memory of our friend and colleague: Margaret Dougherty” (painted by Yean Lim)
According to information on the LaTrobe University site: Singapore-born Professor Yean L. Lim graduated from Monash University with degrees in BMedSc, MBBS and PhD. Professor Lim is a leading cardiologist in the Asia-Pacific region, serving as Permanent Secretary to the Asia-Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology (APSIC). He has also:
- Served as the Director of National Heart Centre and Chairman of the National Medical Research Council in Singapore.
- Pioneered coronary intervention in China in 1986, and helped to establish numerous coronary intervention units throughout China.
- Founded the Xiamen University Medical College in 1995 and was appointed its inaugural Dean for a five year term.
Professor Lim returned to Melbourne to take up his appointment as Director of Cardiovascular Therapeutics at Western Health and a Professorial Fellow at the University of Melbourne.
He was awarded the Inaugural Monash University Distinguished Alumni Award in 1993 and made a Member of the Order of Australia in 1997 for his contributions to Education and Medicine in China and Australia.
- From what I have seen from the inscriptions on these artworks at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond, it would appear that Dr. Yean L. Lim the cardiologist, is also a talented artist. I base this on the following inscriptions on the plaques as follows:
Who said art and medicine don’t mix?
Website | About | Facebook | Twitter
“Is It Art?”