- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Sacre Couer – Sacre Bleu
- Viva Vivat Bohmen
- Bear With Me – You’ll Adore These
- I Will Keep an Open Mind – Is It Art or Science?
- Not Sure About You, But, “I Leica His Art”
- Why Not Take Part in Viewing Some Drive-By Art
- Tennyo “Magokoro” – The Goddess of Sincerity
- How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
- The Lady and the Unicorn
- How To Create Some Very Angry Penguins
Tag Archives: #RoyalCollegeofArt
Above: “Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder“. English historical genre painter and illustrator, Marcus Stone was born on 4th July, 1840, and according to the ‘Dictionary of Victorian Painters‘, he was trained by his father, Frank Stone ARA. Marcus began … Continue reading
English artist and sculptor Barbara Hepworth was born on 10th January, 1903 in Wakefield, West Riding, Yorks. She attended Wakefield Girls’ High School and won a scholarship in 1920 to Leeds School of Art. It was there that she met and established a friendship … Continue reading
The Fairies Tree is a red gum carving by Ola Cohn, MBE, ARCA which stands in Melbourne’s Fitzroy Gardens. Born in Bendigo in 1892, Ola excelled in art an early age. She studied at Melbourne’s Swinburne Technical College before winning a … Continue reading