Follow Blog via EmailJoin 381 other subscribers
- What the Dickens Ever Happened To Perugini?
- An Australian Abroad | Not To Be Out Foxed
- Ethel | A Carrick in Fox Clothing
- A Broken Picture of the Life of Bouguereau
- Solomon | A Solemn Man
- Sidney Nolan | A Fugitive Behind the Mask
- Escape to the Country With Celia Perceval
- John Perceval | From Cabbage Fields to Angry Penguins
- Mary’s Salvation and Legacy to All
- David Fielding and Frolicking in the Woods
Tag Archives: Marcel Duchamp
Now that’s great art
On 28th January, 1912, the artist Paul Jackson Pollock was born in Cody, Wyoming, the youngest of five sons. Jackson Pollock was an influential American painter and a major figure in the “Abstract Expressionist” movement and well-known for his unique … Continue reading
Compare the Pair #9 – What the stuff?
This first bag of chaff sits in an art gallery – the wonderful National Gallery of Victoria. It is called “Art Stuffing” (1970) , an installation by conceptual artist, Aleks Danko, born in 1950. It is a hessian bag stuffed … Continue reading