Follow Blog via EmailJoin 381 other subscribers
- What the Dickens Ever Happened To Perugini?
- An Australian Abroad | Not To Be Out Foxed
- Ethel | A Carrick in Fox Clothing
- A Broken Picture of the Life of Bouguereau
- Solomon | A Solemn Man
- Sidney Nolan | A Fugitive Behind the Mask
- Escape to the Country With Celia Perceval
- John Perceval | From Cabbage Fields to Angry Penguins
- Mary’s Salvation and Legacy to All
- David Fielding and Frolicking in the Woods
Tag Archives: Castlemaine Art Museum
How Many Kinds of Sweet Flowers Grow In an English Country Garden?
‘In a Chelsea Garden’ (1913) oil on canvas (87.5 cm x 61 cm) Dora Meeson (1869–1955) was an Australian artist and an elected member of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters in London, England. While living in London, she married … Continue reading
This poor dog is stuffed!
Taxidermy is the art of preparing, stuffing and mounting the skins of animals for display or, for other sources of study. The term comes from the Greek for “arrangement of skin”. A taxidermist (who conducts this type of work), may be … Continue reading