Will Coles (a UK born, Sydney-based street artist), creates street art installations and his current theme focuses around the so called “art terrorista.” His recent works have included using a knitted balaclava on a flat facial mold set in a street art scenario. The balaclava masks (see example, above); which adorn various public walls; demonstrate the “banks” and “stockbrokers” profits he objects to, and portrays them as a ‘wanted target’. Coles’ street installation depictions are based on his belief that Capitalism has let us down and that we need to crack down on the Capitalists which include bankers and stockbrokers.
- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- There is Nothing Harder at Task for Haida the Mask
- Lotte Lenya and the Ballad of Mack the Knife
- Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair
- Nothing Like Passing Through Air When You Are Feeling a Bit Like ‘Head in the Clouds’
- The Story of Angélique and the Illustrator
- Truly “Chihuly”: The Beauty is in the Eye of the Glass Beholder
- Sacre Couer – Sacre Bleu
- Viva Vivat Bohmen
- Bear With Me – You’ll Adore These
- I Will Keep an Open Mind – Is It Art or Science?