Will Coles (a UK born, Sydney-based street artist), creates street art installations and his current theme focuses around the so called “art terrorista.” His recent works have included using a knitted balaclava on a flat facial mold set in a street art scenario. The balaclava masks (see example, above); which adorn various public walls; demonstrate the “banks” and “stockbrokers” profits he objects to, and portrays them as a ‘wanted target’. Coles’ street installation depictions are based on his belief that Capitalism has let us down and that we need to crack down on the Capitalists which include bankers and stockbrokers.
- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Dare To Wear Ogilvie’s Jumpsuit With Flair
- Campi – You’ve left me s-peach-less!
- The amazing 3D chalk art of Eduardo Relero
- By the look of this work – I think he Nailed it!
- Porter’s Portable Food Fare | From Tomatoes To Kebabs
- The Joys of Miso Paste
- Scusi, Venice the Next Vaporetto to Murano?
- Who gives a Zach for this Street Artist?
- No Idea On Kohei Nawa Red Deer
- Diane Arbus – To Go Where I Have Never Been