Will Coles (a UK born, Sydney-based street artist), creates street art installations and his current theme focuses around the so called “art terrorista.” His recent works have included using a knitted balaclava on a flat facial mold set in a street art scenario. The balaclava masks (see example, above); which adorn various public walls; demonstrate the “banks” and “stockbrokers” profits he objects to, and portrays them as a ‘wanted target’. Coles’ street installation depictions are based on his belief that Capitalism has let us down and that we need to crack down on the Capitalists which include bankers and stockbrokers.
- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game
- Are you thinking that Fafi is fluffy?
- Whoop Oop De Boop
- Down For a Ride With the Girl On a Slide
- Is a Room With a View Better Than a Room With Chairs?
- It’s Ben Hall of a Life for This Bush-Ranger
- Lest We Forget Our Trench Art
- The honour of being William Cresswell – Father of the Australian Navy
- Galatea – For She is the One with the Milk White Skin