Will Coles (a UK born, Sydney-based street artist), creates street art installations and his current theme focuses around the so called “art terrorista.” His recent works have included using a knitted balaclava on a flat facial mold set in a street art scenario. The balaclava masks (see example, above); which adorn various public walls; demonstrate the “banks” and “stockbrokers” profits he objects to, and portrays them as a ‘wanted target’. Coles’ street installation depictions are based on his belief that Capitalism has let us down and that we need to crack down on the Capitalists which include bankers and stockbrokers.
- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- The Lady and the Unicorn
- How To Create Some Very Angry Penguins
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- This Berrie Fine Glaswegian Lass Must Not Be Extinguished
- Let’s Celebrate ’88 – All Over Again
- This Proves That Hele’s the Real Deal
- The “Sage of the Wilderness” was born in the Kitchen
- Dreams are Ten a Penny for Thomas McKenney
- Have You Met ‘The Met’ Yet?
- The Foreman of British Illustration