Will Coles (a UK born, Sydney-based street artist), creates street art installations and his current theme focuses around the so called “art terrorista.” His recent works have included using a knitted balaclava on a flat facial mold set in a street art scenario. The balaclava masks (see example, above); which adorn various public walls; demonstrate the “banks” and “stockbrokers” profits he objects to, and portrays them as a ‘wanted target’. Coles’ street installation depictions are based on his belief that Capitalism has let us down and that we need to crack down on the Capitalists which include bankers and stockbrokers.
- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Thangue You for the Violets
- The Fairy Dell Dream of the Great Henry Rheam
- A tureen to help store your emotional cabbage?
- Welcome to Benvenuti’s Art
- Schenk’s Sheepish Anguish
- You Should Walch Out for This Artist’s Works
- Do You Like These Posts?
- Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, Thy Candles Shine Out Brightly!
- There’s No Duckin’ These Chickens in this Form of Art
- Time to Share Hampshire’s All In a Garden Fair