One of my biggest faves ever has been Jean Fragonard’s (1732-1806) The Swing. This was painted back in 1767. You can learn more about Fragonard on this Wikipedia page. I could barely control myself when I saw it for the first time at the Wallace Collection. (and to think they only want a gold-coin donation to see this and all of the other items in the Wallace collection – priceless).
- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Let’s Celebrate ’88 – All Over Again
- This Proves That Hele’s the Real Deal
- The “Sage of the Wilderness” was born in the Kitchen
- Dreams are Ten a Penny for Thomas McKenney
- Have You Met ‘The Met’ Yet?
- The Foreman of British Illustration
- Callooh! Callay! for Calouste is Okay
- Re: Deeming – Not Redeeming!
- The Very Model of a Tudor Village
- The Artist of The Court Ball at Hofburg is no ‘Gause-ing’ Game