One of my biggest faves ever has been Jean Fragonard’s (1732-1806) The Swing. This was painted back in 1767. You can learn more about Fragonard on this Wikipedia page. I could barely control myself when I saw it for the first time at the Wallace Collection. (and to think they only want a gold-coin donation to see this and all of the other items in the Wallace collection – priceless).
- Follow MaryAnn Adair's 'Is it art' Blog on WordPress.com
- Lest We Forget Our Trench Art
- The honour of being William Cresswell – Father of the Australian Navy
- Galatea – For She is the One with the Milk White Skin
- Behold the Art of Emil Nolde
- Hail Fair Guinevere
- Something Tells Me I’m Into Something Good
- There’s a Bear Out There… and What The Steiff Would I Know!
- Fantasy That – It’s Hansson’s Magician’s Hat
- Compare the Pair #15: Compare the Chair
- Poseidon’s Adventures are de Gheyn For