James Smeaton is a Melbourne-based artist who completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts majoring in painting at Monash University in 1985. Since then, Smeaton has exhibited nationally and internationally, including thirteen solo shows which incllude: the William Mora Galleries in Melbourne and at Michael Carr Art Dealer in Sydney, to mention but a few.
Selected group shows include:
- Devilbend (2007),
- Mornington Peninsular Regional Gallery,
- Four Point Bearing,
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery,
- The Curators Egg,
- Anthony Reynolds Gallery,
- London and National Works on Paper, and
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery.
- Deakin University,
- Monash University Collection,
- Gippsland Art Gallery,
- Holmesglen Collection,
- National Australia Bank Collection,
- Applied Chemicals International,
- Council of Adult Education,
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery and
- The University of Southern Queensland.
Smeaton has been the recipient of the Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery Award for works on Paper, (2006), a finalist twice in the Moet et Chandon Australian Art Fellowship (1991 & 1998), and the winner of the Tattersall’s Contemporary Art Prize, (2005).
For further information check out the artworks which Scott Livesey Galleries has on James Smeaton.